Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible – Tony Robbins
Hello beautiful beasts,
Welcome to my last “it’s a wrap” post of 2017!
We are grateful for another wonderful year!
These were our 2017 Family Goals, and a status report:
- GOAL: Another successful school year with good grades and maybe some more acknowledgments and awards. Grasshopper will start middle school which means a new school so finger crossed the transition goes smoothly. STATUS: Accomplished! Both spawns ended the school year with outstanding grades, though Grasshopper elementary school didn’t merge with a middle school so he didn’t start middle-school.
- GOAL: Kids trying out and being accepted again to their soccer club STATUS: Accomplished! They not only stayed in their teams but Grasshopper was also selected for the US Soccer Development Academy!
- GOAL: Kids starting in a rock band at their music school – STATUS: We had to give up rock band to focus on piano, ballet and saxophone.
- GOAL: Butterfly auditioning and performing again at Coppélia and The Nutcracker STATUS: Since we so busy we decided that Butterfly would not audition for Coppelia but she did auditioned and was selected for a role in the Nutcracker for a second year in a row [which we unfortunately had to decline because of conflicts]
- GOALS: Piano lessons and NYLF for Butterfly. STATUS: Postpone to 2018
- GOALS: B-dad and I should find the time to either go to the Y or hike. STATUS: in progress. 🙂
- GOAL: We are WAAAAAY overdo for a real family vacation of at least one week-long! STATUS: Postpone to 2018 🙁 🙁 🙁
- Start the family cookbook that part of our 2016 goals. STATUS: Postpone to 2018
- Get started with our Society6 shop with the kids art work. STATUS: Postpone to 2018
Other #FamilyLIfe updates
- Grasshopper went to the Presidential Inauguration in Washington DC with the Envision Program
- Grasshopper‘s robotics team qualified and participated in the 2017 First Lego league state championship, in January
- Grasshopper‘s robotics team participated in the 2017 qualifiers, won the Robot design award and advanced to the State Championship that will take place in January, 2018! FINGERS CROSSED!
- Grasshopper had his first piano recital in the state’s Philharmonic Orchestra and Music School
- Grasshopper went to his first overnight camps. [OMG my baby is growing up too fast!]
- Butterfly had first communion in May.
- B-Dad got a new job which he is enjoying very much and…
- Yours truly, continued with her all-consuming hobbies of being a #bookworm, #bookblogger and soccer mom along with cooking, flamenco dancing and sangria drinking AND
- Met ALL her blogging goals from 2016!
These were my 2017 goals, and a status report:
- GOAL: Finish my Work in Progress [WIP]!. STATUS: I did finish and edit the first draft of Book 1 of my trilogy “Daughters of The Desert”.
- GOAL: Participate in my first NaNoWriMo. I did the NaNoWriMo Camp this year so maybe I should do real deal in 2017! STATUS: I won TWO NaNoWriMo camps [April and July] and participated in NaNoWriMo! Even though I didn’t win I did write 30K words and I’m very close to finish the first draft of Book 2 of my trilogy!
- GOAL: Blog more consistent and efficiently. So I decided to continue this “It’s a Wrap!” as a regular feature to summarize what happened lately on the blog, and maybe what’s coming up nicely in one post. Not sure how often this will happen but I’m hoping at least monthly. I would also like participate in the 2017 Book Blog Discussion Challenge @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction. and in the New England Reading Challenge STATUS: I did blog consistently in 2017! I published 173 posts, which is an average of 14 posts a month! Among then there were a few discussions posts. Unfortunately the New England Reading Challenge didn’t continue so I was no table to participate.
- GOAL: Get over my reading slump for good and read all the books I said I was going to read this year. STATUS: I definitely got over my 2016 reading slump! I had originally set a 50-book 2017 reading challenge in Goodreads, which I accomplished in June! So I changed it to 80 books and read… TA DAAAAAAA…
You can see the rest of the book I read HERE
Not bad at all for a reader with a chronic condition and a professional DNFer huh?!
And here is my Goodreads 2017 year in Books…
You can see more about my Goodreads 2017 year in books HERE
And look at this beautiful NetGalley ratio! OMG! ##whoevenamianymore???
So I wanted to…
ALL MY READERS, VISITORS AND COMMENTERS
FOR MAKING 2017 A WONDERFUL BLOGGING YEAR!
What about you? How was your year? Did you meet your goals?
TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!
Thank you for visiting!