As God is my witness!
I will write 20K words during Camp NaNoWriMo! and
I WILL finish book 1 of “Daughters of the Desert” this July!
[call me Scarlett, please]
And how will I do that, my fellow writing beasts may ask??? Well, I got a Machiavellian plan AND I PREPPED like the apocalyptic beast I am! I…
- Became a household beast. I cleaned, paid bills, folded laundry and prepped, cooked and froze food like the world was going to end! 🙂
- Cleared my writing desk. ZERO DISTRACTIONS. There is only my laptop, coffee mug and starburts
- Drafted and scheduled a bunch of posts for all of you my beautiful reading, writing and blogging beasts so I can focus on finishing my #novel [and visiting blogs 🙂 ]
- Printed my manuscript, read it and went through seven steps of unpublished writer’s grief:
- Denial. OMG This is NOT good! Thus cannot be my WIP!
- Guilt. I Should have never spent so many hours procrastinating in Pinterest and Instagram!
- Anger. I’m SO STUPID! I can’t even!
- Bargaining. Could you please sit down, and finish this WIP??? What if I get you an “All about ME” day? would you finish it?
- Depression. I’m never going to finish this WIP! [sobs] Never, never, never. I’ll be just more scrap paper for my kids to play with! [sniffles]
- Acceptance. OK, this is NOT perfect but…
- Hope. It’s just the first draft.
- Did NOT edit! (it wasn’t easy!)
- Did make a list of what I need to finish in a new document where I can’t be tempted to reread the entire manuscript and go through the seven steps AGAIN!
- Vowed to only indulge in my favorite productive procrastination activities IF I hit my daily goal. So, if I don’t write 700 words a day… I won’t not fail Camp NaNoWriMo but my social media stats will suffer because I will be MIA!
When nothing else works… FEAR!
FEAR is the best motivator my dear writing beasts!
And when this reign of terror is over… IF I win NaNoWriMo Camp AND IF I finished my first draft and therefore enter Editland… Only then, I will be rewarded with the most wonderful “ALL ME DAY” ever, [because my birthday happens to be in August anyway 🙂 ]
- Haircut, color and style
- Manicure and pedicure
- Sweden Massage
- Shopping spree with my Macys’s credit card which is at zero balance now but has a very low balance to ensure I don’t go overboard. ;-P
What about you my fellow writing beasts?
Are yo doing NaNoWriMo?
How did you prepare for it?
TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!
I WANT TO KNOW ALL THE THINGS!
Thank you for visiting!